Thursday 30 May 2013

PHB ethical beauty - organic, cruelty free, natural, vegan

Sorry I've neglected the blog! I am all moved in to my new house now and have a few things I'm eager to share with you! :)

These products are from PHB Ethical Beauty. I urge you to check out their website.  I e-mailed them in desperation just over a month ago asking for help for the eczema I'd suddenly developed all over my face. Here's some pictures:


I'm not sure how clearly you can see this, but all around my mouth was extremely dry and almost like a rash, and around one of my eyes was red and had these little dots that you can see. It's been there since February and was a bit itchy as well as making me incredibly self-conscious to the point of tears. PHB coming up as a recommendation on twitter felt like a sign, and so I literally wrote 3 paragraphs about the woes of my skin to them!

Sally replied within an hour, recommending Skin Repair Gel which is good for eczema, and Gentle Moisturiser with Coconut and Vit.E.  They have another gentle moisturiser but she recommended the best one for newly sensitive and irritated skin. She really sounded like she knew what she was talking about, which was reassuring, so I got them right away.








The packaging was so vintage. I put the gel on first, of which I only needed a very small amount! After a couple of minutes it had absorbed completely in to my skin, allowing me to cover my whole face in this soothing moisturiser. Both products sink in so well, and you need only a small amount! I was a bit worried I'd hate the gel as I can't stand lavender, but it barely smelt of it and I really liked it. The moisturiser smells a little coconutty and soothing. 

By this point I was checking the mirror every minute or so expecting immediate results.  I WASN'T DISAPPOINTED!!! By the next morning for the first time in about 3 months it had begun to fade!! I have used this product every day since and the difference is amazing. It also didn't cause any negative ractions to my skin, both products leave my skin feeling smooth and soft, and the moisturiser makes a great primer!

My eye hasn't itched for a month, and even though I have about 5 hormonal spots on my chin (I'm sorry! I didn't want to edit the photo or wear concealer so you can get the full effect) there's barely any trace left of eczema!

I would urge you to try these products out if you suffer from skin problems, or even if you don't! And make the most of the contact info on the website too - these people know what they're talking about! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the concept of your blog! Have you heard of Lisa Gregory on YouTube? She's very lovely and she's been doing cruelty-free as well <3

    Keep up the good work

    Yolennie
    www.lavenderfedora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I have heard of her but haven't seen many of her videos, I will look out for the cruelty-free ones now :)

      X

      Delete